Following the main course of the Esino river, near its source, in the point where the road ends in a grassy field, in the middle of the bosque, it rises today the 'Eremo di San Pietro.
In the past there was probably a more consistent structure than the current one, with an underground structure and a ground floor surrounded by the walls.
The current building, built with white limestone, comes from XIV century. It's from this period that comes the most ancient register of San Pietro, mentioned in the Statutory Norms from 1324.
From this and posterior documents we know the Eremo belonged to the Comune, which placed people under its custody.