Eremo of San Cataldo was originally a guard tower of Medieval nature and it is mentioned in the Statutory Norm of 1324.
The cult of Vescovo di Taranto, a Holy Land pilgrim from the VII century, arrived in Esanatoglia approximately in the year 1000 and it was so diffused that in 1616 the citizens requested it to be proclamed Patron of the paese besides Santa Anatolia.
Early XIX century
By car - there is a bare road in good conditions. Cars are parked near the entrance followed by a short walk to the summit.
Walking - pleasant walk up the mountain, with beautiful panoramic views (around 2 hrs).